Sunday, December 16, 2012

Lego Lord of the Rings Helms Deep set

I've been reading the Lord of the Rings series to Ben and Nathan so they are really into everything about them. Ben saved his birthday money and allowance to buy the Lego Lord of the Rings Helms Deep set. He allowed me and Nathan to help him build it a little by organizing pieces and setting them up so that he could build it. 

By the way Charlotte and I saw The Hobbit Friday night and both of us loved it. I felt uncomfortable though during some of the intense action scenes of beheading, stabbing and other violent behavior since I know of some young kids in Ben and Nathans class that their parents were actually bringing them to see the movie. Kind of saddens me that those parents make such bad choices.
Anyways the movie was excellent, great acting and effects, I usually hate 3D, but this was so well done that I didn't mind it at all. There were a few minor things that bugged me like Radagast could have been played a little more seriously and other very minor things, but all in all its lives up to the previous movies. I'm so happy to have not only been able to visit Middle Earth again, but to be fully immersed via all of the extra stuff that Jackson added via the appendixes.

No comments: